Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spectrum

So apparently, we were asked to do a campus paper for our Journalism exam. Sounds cool? No... and yes.

These were the three titles that I could think of. As you can see,
I pretty much suck at title making.

      Among the tree titles, Spectrum was chosen (thankfully), because A. I've thought of the name for the longest time; B. I already envisioned what Spectrum was going to be like; C. I don't like Polychrome's logo and I don't know what to do with Front Act; or D. All of the above. 

    Being the geeky D.A.* person, I was more than thrilled to work with the paper's layout. First, however, I should conquer my weakness: writing articles. Then again, what's a school paper without articles?


Good thing they got pretty much high scores (except for one news article that I was too lazy to write about. Oops). I wouldn't want to comment further on writing out articles. My brain exploded because of what they called "writer's block" (let's just say I'm a writer for this case).

(Note: When it was our first trimester examination for this subject, I got a comment saying "too informal" for my lead)

After this annoyingly painstaking process of writing down articles, I finally got to layout. Making the layout is probably the best thing about making this paper. ;-) I've always liked making these kinds of  things.

We were given four software (softwares?) to choose from: A. Microsoft Publisher; B. Pages; C. Adobe Photoshop; or  D. Adobe Indesign. I chose D, of course. It's not because I'm an all-out expert with Indesign but here's why I used this  baby: 1. I don't have Pages (and I don't own a Mac or at least a Mac Book); and 2.I thought my 30-day trial with Photoshop was already expired (dun dun dun) as well. I would've used Publisher but then A. it was too limited and B. It was too slow and I hate slow software (softwares?) Thank goodness I was able to figure Indesign out. *cue Angels singing Alleluia* 

So guys, meet Spectrum. Spectrum, meet readers. (Beware of badly-written essays and articles. I'm not very much of a writer, honestly. Haha)





 That's the last thing I had to do for the school year! Sending this paper to our teacher marked the beginning of summer! Freedom at its finest.

Hope you guys have a happy summer as well :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment